How to stay motivated as an artist — start with your identity! In the first episode of The euCreativ Show, we (Josh and Chris) discuss artistic motivation, how to become the artist you want to be, and how our experiences helped turn us into the artists we are today.
We also want to get a conversation going. Let us know what your biggest struggle or obstacle is to stay motivated as an artist in the comments!
In this episode
- 00:00 Non-music intro
- 00:38 Introductions
- 05:38 Talent vs Skill
- 06:15 Artistic Identity, what is it?
- 12:11 Your repeated beingness
- 16:00 100% Commitment
- 17:39 Who vs. What
- 26:00 It starts with your head
- 28:39 The one fundamental choice
- 33:27 You’re an artist
- 35:38 Identity, Behavior, Feelings
- 40:10 A deep, spiritual commitment
- 45:34 Closing notes and CTA
Books, resources, and links
- James Clear, Atomic Habits – https://jamesclear.com/atomic-habits
- Kimon Nicolaides, The Natural Way to Draw – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-natural-way-to-draw-kimon-nicolaides/1103665373
- Steven Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-stephen-r-covey/1136602703
- T. Harv Eker, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/secrets-of-the-millionaire-mind-t-harv-eker/1100019769
- Robert Fritz – https://www.robertfritz.com/wp/shop/
- B.J. Fogg, Tiny Habits – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tiny-habits-bj-fogg/1130010741
- The James Altucher Show – https://jamesaltucher.com/podcast/491-chase-jarvis/
View our work / follow us
Sign up for the newsletter to receive updates on new episodes and articles!
Josh’s Site: https://joshuagraphic.com/
Chris’s Site: https://chrisbeaven.com/