How to stay motivated as an artist — making a commitment and taking action! In the second episode of The euCreativ Show, we (Josh and Chris) discuss artistic motivation, how to make smart commitments to your practice, and identifying the big goals you want to pursue.
We also want to get a conversation going. Let us know what your biggest struggle or obstacle is to stay motivated as an artist in the comments!
In this episode
00:12 Intro and recap
00:54 Doing the verb
01:52 Intelligent commitments.
07:58 Good examples of smart commitments.
11:51 Avoiding over-commitment
14:05 Intrinsic vs. extrinsic goals
18:37 Breaking big goals into smaller steps.
20:41 Repeat. Repeat. Daily floors and ceilings.
30:30 Deciding what NOT to do.
34:20 Reconnecting with your motivation with daily habits and tracking.
37:54 Take some action!
Books, resources, and links
- Dave Ramsey, Entreleadership – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/entreleadership-dave-ramsey/1100050688
- Tim Ferriss – https://tim.blog/
- James Gurney – https://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/
- Twyla Tharp, The Creative Habit – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/creative-habit-twyla-tharp/1100623171
- Eric Maisel, The Power of Daily Practice – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-power-of-daily-practice-eric-maisel-phd/1136390644
- Chase Jarvis, Creative Calling – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/creative-calling-chase-jarvis/1132923099
- Anders Ericsson and Robert Pool, Peak – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/peak-anders-ericsson/1122302054
View our work / follow us
Sign up for the newsletter to receive updates on new episodes and articles!
Josh’s Site: https://joshuagraphic.com/
Chris’s Site: https://chrisbeaven.com/
Beauty Flow by Kevin MacLeod