Understanding your growth as a creator! In this episode of the euCreativ Show, we discuss the myth of talent, having a growth mindset rather than a fixed mindset, and understanding that the path to true mastery is full of ups and downs.
We also want to get a conversation going. Let us know what is challenging you the most as you work to improve your craft by leaving a comment below or LEAVE US A VOICE MESSAGE at https://anchor.fm/eucreativ.
In this episode
- 01:30 Growth Mindset Vs. Fixed Mindset.
- 04:18 Discouragement over lack of obvious growth. Goals vs Process. Plateaus. Backslides.
- 09:05 Personality Types: Master, Obsessive, Hacker, Dabbler.
- 13:49 Frustration through the talent of others.
- 16:10 Understanding what’s going to happen with growth.
- 17:00 Flow (Growth Zone – Satisfaction with Work) and Deliberate Practice (Picking the right tasks).
- 22:00 Action Items!
Books, resources, and links
- Carol Dweck, Mindset – https://books.google.com/books/about/Mindset.html?id=fT6U0Ee7_kQC
- George Leonard; Mastery – https://www.google.com/books/edition/Mastery/c_M9DgAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=0
- Steven Pressfield; The War of Art, Do the Work, Turning Pro, The Artist’s Journey – https://blackirishbooks.com/books/
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi; Flow – https://www.google.com/books/edition/Flow/QVjPsd1UukEC?hl=en&gbpv=0
- Steve Huston; Figure Drawing for Artists – https://www.google.com/books/edition/Figure_Drawing_for_Artists/yWw6DAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=0
- New Masters Academy – https://www.nma.art/
View our work / follow us
Sign up for the newsletter to receive updates on new episodes and articles!
Josh’s Site: https://joshuagraphic.com/
Chris’s Site: https://chrisbeaven.com/
Beauty Flow by Kevin MacLeod